Due to the rapid growth of our company, we are looking for a Technical Specialist to support our Sourcing, Quality & Sustainability team.
GoodFuels is a fast-growing scale-up located in Amsterdam, with the mission to decarbonize transport. We believe that for a better world without climate change, energy consumption must ultimately become fossil-free. We are the frontrunner in the field of sustainable fuels for shipping and heavy road transport. GoodFuels plays a crucial role in the active development, innovation and commercialization of advanced fuels.
GoodFuels focuses on the heavy-duty transport segment, where sustainable drop-in fuels are the only available option to reduce CO2 emissions. GoodFuels Marine is specifically focused in decarbonizing the shipping industry using advanced biofuels. GoodFuels sustainable fuels do not require any modifications to engines (‘drop-in’) and can therefore directly replace fossil fuels. All our fuels meet the strict criteria of the RSB standard and are approved by our own independent Sustainability Board, comprised of leading NGOs and academics. Typically, GoodFuels‘ fuels reduce the carbon footprint by 85% (well-to-wheel).
GoodFuels develops and supplies truly sustainable alternatives for fossil fuels for the global maritime industry and the road transport sector. Together with GoodShipping, GoodFuels is part of the GoodNRG Group. The GoodNRG team is a small but expanding, international team of people who all feel passionate about our company’s mission.
About the role
As our Technical Specialist, you will be working in a small but vital team in the midst of our organization. Together with our Quality and Testing Controller, you will form the technical heart of our company. You will contribute to the development of our fuels, technical support to customers and be the first point of contact for our technical partners (e.g. engine makers).
• Be the first point of contact for the technical teams of our customers;
• Form together with the Quality and Testing Controller, the technical knowledge base for the sales team.
• Collaborate with engine test facilities to test newly developed fuels
• Onboard together with the fuel development department, new fuels to our portfolio;
• Become the internal expert on NOx testing and related communication with external parties like Classification Societies;
• Technical support to clients, remote and onboard the vessel
• Visit global events for networking (conferences, fairs, etc.)
Who are you?
For the role of Technical Specialist, we are looking for someone with:
• A pro-active and collaborative attitude;
• A strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and continuous improvement;
• Great attention to detail;
• A growth mindset, someone who likes working in a fast-changing environment;
• An interest and (personal) drive to contribute to the energy transition.
You also have:
• A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (engineering and/or maritime technology);
• At least one year of relevant work experience or internship in the maritime industry;
• Basic knowledge of combustion engines and (bio) fuels;
• Fluency in English and proficiency in multiple languages is a plus;
• Huge interest in sustainability and making a positive impact.
What do we offer?
• Our office is located in the ‘Awarehouse’ in the new Houthavens; the creative hub of Amsterdam. With a stunning view over the IJ, this is where we pioneer in the field of sustainable alternatives for fossil transport fuels;
• A competitive salary;
• A full-time job (40 hours/week);
• 25 holidays per year (based on full-time contract);
• Laptop and mobile phone;
• Educational allowance;
• Health and fitness allowance;
• A good pension scheme;
• Daily fresh team lunch;
• Travel expenses;
• Many fun team events and parties;
• A job in which you can make a true positive impact and contribute to the energy transition.
Interested in this role?
Do you meet the majority of the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and we will get in touch with you within one week.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we don’t discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.Apply for this job