Did you know that the transport sector is one of the most polluting and fossil fuel dependent sectors in the world?
GoodFuels develops and supplies truly sustainable alternatives for fossil fuels for the global maritime industry and the road transport sector. Together with GoodShipping, GoodFuels is part of the GoodNRG Group. The GoodNRG team is an international and highly driven team of people who all feel passionate about our company’s mission.
To strengthen our mission driven team, we are currently looking for a Quality & Testing Engineer.
About the role
As our Quality & Testing Engineer you will be working in a small but vital team in the midst of our organisation. Together with the rest of the Sourcing, Quality & Sustainability team, you are accountable for testing and ensuring the quality of our truly sustainable products for the maritime industry. It will be your job to make sure that the rest of the SQ&S team has the right product information and test results, in order to assess whether or not we will be working with a certain feedstock, blend or fuel. This role will be a combination of office work and work in the field (for example on board of ships).
• Manage our fuel sampling processes, including taking samples at our storage tanks and bunker barge, preparing and sending samples to customers and/or labs, and making sure the draining of our samples is done in compliance with legislation;
• Be the main point of contact and ‘host’ of our very own small lab in the Port of Amsterdam;
• Execute simple tests in our lab with potential new biofuel components and blends;
• Attend fuel deliveries and assess whether these are being executed according to our company’s policies;
• Assist with technical evaluations on board of ships.
Who are you?
For the role of Quality & Testing Engineer we are looking for someone with:
• A pro-active and collaborative attitude;
• A pragmatic and practical approach, a can-do mentality;
• A strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail;
• A growth mindset, someone who likes working in a fast changing environment;
• The ability to represent our company in a representative way;
• An interest and (personal) drive to contribute to the energy transition.
You also have:
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree (both an engineering background but also a degree in sustainability/bio energy is of interest to us);
• At least three years of relevant work experience within the maritime and/or fuel sector, for example on board of vessels or at an oil terminal or fuel producer;
• Fluency in English;
• A valid driver’s license for the Netherlands;
• Interest in sustainability and making positive impact.
What do we offer?
• A work place in our new office located in the ‘Awarehouse’ in the new Houthavens; the creative hub of Amsterdam;
• A competitive salary;
• A fulltime job (40 hours/week), parttime can be discussed (at least 32 hours/week);
• 25 holidays per year (based on fulltime contract);
• Laptop and mobile phone;
• A good pension scheme;
• Daily fresh team lunch;
• Travel expenses;
• Many fun team events and parties;
• A job in which you can make true positive impact and contribute to the energy transition.
Interested in this role?
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the role, you can also send them to this email address.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we don’t discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.Apply for this job