Some people say the world is sea blind, and that the polluting transport industry is a blind spot for climate policies and decision makers. At GoodFuels, we are working hard to change this, and we are looking for a Project Researcher in our innovation team to contribute!
GoodFuels currently has a large portfolio of EU and national grant projects in the field of sustainable fuel development and market research. In these projects we work on a divers set of topics e.g. optimization of production pathways, supply chain optimization, investigation of new feedstocks and market uptake research. We do this in cooperation with universities, knowledge institutes and other industry partners. As a project researcher, you will be responsible for the successful execution of GoodFuels’ tasks in European projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents trying to change an entire industry. We are looking for a born researcher who has experience working in the field of transport and renewables. Also, we are looking for a passionate and focused colleague who wants to make the transport sector more sustainable.
What are your key responsibilities
- Conducting research in the field of the technological and economic viability of new renewable fuel technologies.
- Conducting market research
- Working together with (international) consortium partners on the execution of the projects
- Attending meetings with other consortium partners and presenting GoodFuels’ findings.
- Transferring the knowledge from these project to the GoodFuels team
What do we require of you?
- You have a master’s degree and or PhD degree in a relevant field, for example chemical engineering
- You demonstrate ability and enthusiasm for research in the field of renewable fuels
- You take ownership in your work and strive to do the best at what you do
- You are able to work independently and you get things done
- You are proud of the work you deliver and do not mind presenting your work in front of a group of people
- You are flexible and understand the dynamic of a scale-up company
- You enjoy fast-paced environments – we’re growing!
- You have a positive mindset and are solution oriented, plus you are into sustainability
- You have an excellent command of English and Dutch, in word and in writing
- It is a big plus when you have experience with and knowledge about renewable and biobased fuels, and experience with performing techno-economic research
What can GoodFuels offer you?
- An amazing role in a growing scale-up focussed on sustainability and the energy transition
- Working with an ambitious, enthusiastic and young team
- Trust and independence
- This function can be combined with a PhD function at a university
To give you an impression of the type of projects that we are involved in, please see below the website of some of the European grant projects:
Do you meet the majority of the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch with you within one week.
For questions contact Rianne de Vries, Government and Business Lead (email: email@example.com and phone number: +31626272548).
The deadline for this application is 10-12-2020. Applications beyond this date are not handled unfortunately.
GoodFuels is a Netherlands-based pioneer and global market leader in advanced and sustainable biofuels for shipping and heavy land transport. Our goal is to create a better world by accelerating the energy transition in these transport segments for which biofuels are one of the best or only viable alternatives in the foreseeable future
Apply for this job