GoodFuels is a fast-growing scale-up located in Amsterdam, with the mission to decarbonize transport. We believe that for a better world without climate change, energy consumption must ultimately become fossil-free. We are the frontrunner in the field of sustainable fuels for shipping and heavy road transport. GoodFuels plays a crucial role in the active development, innovation and commercialization of advanced fuels.
GoodFuels focuses on the heavy-duty transport segment, where sustainable drop-in fuels are the only available option to reduce CO2 emissions. GoodFuels Marine is specifically focused in decarbonizing the shipping industry using advanced biofuels. GoodFuels sustainable fuels do not require any modifications to engines (‘drop-in’) and can therefore directly replace fossil fuels. All our fuels meet the strict criteria of the RSB standard and are approved by our own independent Sustainability Board, comprised of leading NGOs and academics. Typically, GoodFuels‘ fuels reduce the carbon footprint by 85% (well-to-wheel).
About the role
Some people say the world is sea blind, and that the polluting transport industry is a blind spot for climate policies and decision-makers. At GoodFuels, we are working hard to change this, and we are looking for a Project Researcher in our innovation team to contribute!
GoodFuels currently has a large portfolio of EU and national grant projects in the field of sustainable fuel development and market research. In these projects, we work on a diverse set of topics e.g.optimization of production pathways, supply chain optimization, investigation of new feedstocks, and market uptake research. We do this in cooperation with universities, knowledge institutes, and other industry partners. As a project researcher, you will be responsible for the successful execution of GoodFuels’ tasks in European projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents trying to change an entire industry. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher eager to embrace the challenge of the energy transition. Also, we are looking for a passionate and focused colleague who wants to make the transport sector more sustainable.
• Perform techno–economic studies of new technologies for renewable fuel production
• Conduct market research for current and future scenarios
• Identify potential synergies/risks between new processes and legal framework
• Work together with (international) consortium partners on the execution of the projects and present GoodFuels’ work and findings
• Be accountable for knowledge sharing within GoodFuels’ team, based on the most recent studies and findings
Who are you?
• You have a master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field, for example, chemical engineering, science, and technology, innovation, energy science
• You demonstrate ability and enthusiasm for research in the field of renewable fuels
• You take ownership of your work and strive to do the best at what you do
• You can work independently, and you get things done
• You are proud of the work you deliver and do not mind presenting your work in front of a group of people
• You are flexible and understand the dynamic of a scale-up company
• You enjoy fast-paced environments – we’re growing!
• You have a positive mindset and are solution-oriented, plus you are into sustainability
• You have an excellent command of English, in words and in writing
• It is a big plus when you have experience with and knowledge about renewable and biobased fuels, and experience with performing techno-economic and sustainability research
What Do we offer?
• An amazing role in a growing scale-up focused on sustainability and the energy transition
• Working with an ambitious, enthusiastic, and young team
• Trust, independence, and flexibility
• This function can be combined with a PhD function at a university
• A workplace in our new office located in the ‘Awarehouse’ in the new Houthavens; the creative hub of Amsterdam;
• A competitive salary;
• A full-time job (40 hours/week), part-time can be discussed (at least 32 hours/week);
• 25 holidays per year (based on full-time contract);
• Laptop and mobile phone;
• A good pension scheme;
• Daily fresh team lunch;
• Travel allowance;
• Many fun team events and parties;
A job in which you can make a true positive impact and contribute to the energy! To give you an impression of the type of projects that we are involved in, please see below the website of some of the European grant projects:
Interested in this role?
Do you meet the majority of the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch with you within one week.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we don’t discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.Apply for this job