Did you know that shipping is responsible for about 3% of the world’s total carbon emissions and that this figure will grow to 15% by 2050 if nothing changes? Some people say the world is sea blind, and that the polluting transport industry is a blind spot for climate policies and decision-makers. At GoodFuels, we are working hard to change this, and we are looking for a Commercial Manager for our Marine department.
We believe that truly sustainable biofuels can and will play a crucial role in the transition towards a fossil-free shipping industry. GoodFuels is pioneer and global market leader when it comes to supplying and commercializing these biofuels for the international marine industry.
Are you passionate about sustainable shipping and determined to make the world a better place? Then this role might be for you!
GoodFuels is looking for a Commercial Manager Marine with a passion for sales and business development, who shares our mission to accelerate the transition towards fossil-free transportation. Her / his responsibility is to expand our Marine division, which focuses on the commercialization and supply of sustainable biofuels to organizations that operate in the shipping industry. Typical clients that you will encounter vary from container liners, dredging companies and bulkers to ports, inland carriers and coast guards.
This candidate is commercial, has an entrepreneurial mindset and is a team player. The role requires a 360 degrees-approach, where you will be doing acquisition and organize meetings with clients and prospects, but you will also be responsible for realizing growth ambitions and setting the right priorities.
– The main focus and responsibility for this role is to increase the number of marine customers to switch over from fossil fuels to a renewable alternative.
– Inform and advise our marine customers about the opportunities to decarbonize their fleet and reduce their carbon footprint in the most effective way, for instance via the application of marine biofuels.
– As we build long-term relationships with our existing customers, it is important to maintain good relationships with them and continuously challenge them to increase their CO2-emission reduction in various ways.
– Understand the sustainability requirements of existing and future customers to ensure their needs are being met.
– Develop and implement business cases for new customers to switch over from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives.
– Be on top of the latest developments in the market to spot commercial opportunities and aiming to accelerate growth in the marine segment.
– Align with our innovation department on new products to test these new products for market readiness and implementation.
– At least three-five years of experience in a commercial role, preferably within the shipping, energy, sustainability and/or bunkering industry.
– You have an affinity with technology and experience to quickly learn and understand (technical) product characteristics.
– You have persuasive skills and the ability to sell not only a product, but also the wider story behind it. This ranges from involving the customer in the sustainability advantages to overcoming technical hurdles and creating a business case that works.
– Experience with working with a CRM-system, and with analyzing and reporting on CRM data.
– You have a collaborative and pro-active approach; you take initiative, and you can work independently. You love the just-do-it mentality and the responsibilities that come with that.
– You have great communicative skills and are a true relationship builder.
– Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communications skills (Dutch and English).
– You speak fluently Dutch and English.
– You feel comfortable in a conservative world. Your professionalism, passion and tenacity inspire even the most cynical shipping tycoon.
– You have a positive mindset, believe in a better world and want to create it rather today than tomorrow.
– You are aware of and have an interest in the latest international, political and legal developments.
Do you meet the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team, plus fluent speak English and Dutch? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible!
GoodFuels is a fast-growing scale-up located in the Netherlands- Amsterdam and Rotterdam. We are global frontrunner in the field of truly sustainable fuels for shipping and heavy road transport. GoodFuels plays a crucial role in the active development and commercialization of advanced biofuels and is widely regarded as global market maker. As we are growing fast, we’re always on the hunt for new colleagues to strengthen our team.Apply for this job