Did you know that shipping is responsible for about 3% of the world’s total carbon emissions, and that this figure will grow to 15% by 2050 if nothing changes?
We believe that truly sustainable biofuels can and will play a crucial role in the transition towards a fossil-free shipping industry. GoodFuels is pioneer and global market leader when it comes to supplying and commercializing these biofuels for the international marine industry.
Are you passionate about sustainable shipping and determined to make the world a better place? Then this role might be for you!
GoodFuels is looking for a Commercial Head of Marine with a passion for sales and business development, who shares our mission to accelerate the transition towards fossil-free transportation. His / her responsibility is to lead and expand our Marine division, which focuses on the commercialization and supply of sustainable biofuels to organizations that operate in the shipping industry. Typical clients that you will encounter vary from container carriers, dredging companies and bulkers to ports, inland carriers and coast guards.
This candidate is commercial, has an entrepreneurial mind-set and is a team player. The role requires a 360-approach, where you will be doing acquisition and meeting with clients and prospects, but you will also be responsible for overall strategy, priorities and team management.
- Inform and advise our marine customers about the application of biofuels in their fleet, and how they can reduce their carbon footprint in the most effective way.
- Understand the sustainability requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Develop and implement business cases for new customers to switch over from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives.
- Conduct market research and analyses to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities and report on results.
- Develop commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives, aiming to accelerate growth in the marine segment.
- Align with our innovation department on new products to test these new products for market readiness and implementation.
- At least three years of experience in a commercial role, preferably within the transport sector.
- You have persuasive skills and the ability to sell not only a product, but also the wider story behind it. This ranges from involving the customer in the sustainability advantages, to overcoming technical hurdles and creating a business case that works.
- Experience with working with a CRM-system, and with analyzing and reporting on CRM data.
- You have a collaborative and pro-active approach, you take initiative and you can work independent. You love the just-do-it mentality and the responsibilities that come with that.
- You have great communicative skills and are a true relationship builder.
- Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communications skills (Dutch and English).
- You feel comfortable in a conservative world. Your professionalism, passion and tenacity inspires even the most cynical shipping tycoon.
- You have a positive mind-set, believe in a better world and want to create it rather today than tomorrow.
- You are aware of and have an interest in the latest international, political and legal developments.
- Extra bonus points if you have an existing network in the shipping industry!
Do you meet the majority of the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch with you within one week.
GoodFuels is a fast-growing scale-up located in Amsterdam. We are frontrunner in the field of truly sustainable fuels for shipping and heavy road transport. GoodFuels plays a crucial role in the active development and commercialization of advanced biofuels and is widely regarded as global market maker. As we are growing fast, we’re always on the hunt for new colleagues to strengthen our team.Apply for this job