Did you know that road transport is the main CO2 emitter in international trade-related transport, due to its high emission intensity per tonne-kilometer? And that if nothing changes, the road freight share of the transport sector’s total emissions will grow from 53% in 2010 to 56% in 2050?
We believe that the energy transition towards a fossil-free transport sector is not happening fast enough, and that active intervention is needed to accelerate this. GoodFuels is pioneer and market leader when it comes to supplying truly sustainable alternative fuels for the road and rail sector.
Are you passionate about sustainable transport and determined to make the world a better place? Then this role might be for you!
GoodFuels is looking for a Commercial Head of Road & Rail with a passion for sales and business development, who shares our mission to accelerate the phasing out of fossil fuels to reverse climate change. His / her responsibility is to lead and expand our Road & Rail division, which focuses on the supply of sustainable biofuels to organizations that operate in the heavy transport business. Typical clients and other stakeholders that you will encounter are for example trucking companies, governments, infrastructure businesses and logistical partners.
This candidate is commercial, has an entrepreneurial mind-set and is a team player. The role requires a top-to-bottom approach, where you will be doing acquisition and meeting with clients and prospects, but you will also be responsible for overall strategy, priorities and team management.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives, aiming to accelerate growth.
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.).
- Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Inform and advise our ‘road & rail customers’ about the application of biofuels in their fleet, and how they can reduce their carbon footprint in the most effective way.
- Analyze and report on commercial opportunities and results.
- Recruit, manage and grow junior sales team members.
- At least 5 years of experience in a commercial role, preferably within the transport sector.
- Persuasive skills and the ability to sell a product but also the wider story behind it, ranging from involving the customer in the sustainability advantages to overcoming technical hurdles.
- Experience with working with a CRM-system, and with analyzing and reporting on CRM data.
- Collaborative and pro-active approach.
- Great communicative skills and a true relationship builder.
- Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communications skills (Dutch and English).
Do you meet the majority of the requirements above, and do you see yourself as a potential culture fit for our team? Then we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch with you within one week.
GoodFuels is a fast-growing scale-up located in Amsterdam. We are frontrunner in the field of truly sustainable fuels for shipping and heavy road transport. GoodFuels plays a crucial role in the active development and commercialization of advanced biofuels and is widely regarded as global market maker. As we are growing fast, we’re always on the hunt for new colleagues to strengthen our team.