Due to the rapid growth of our company, we are looking for Business Operations & Compliance Specialist with an eye for detail and has great analytic skills, who can take on the typical work within back office management as well as supporting activities in the field of sales and compliance.
The Business Operations & Compliance Specialist is responsible for the timeliness and completeness of the internal and external (administrative) settlement of the commercial contractual agreements. Hereby ensuring compliance with the agreement. You will be responsible for the maintenance and optimization of the sales and operations management system. You will be responsible for performing typical tasks within back office management, in combination with acting as our liaison who will work with our commercial, finance, technical, and operations teams. You will be the contact person during quarterly audits. You will build, develop and have ownership of the sales and operations management system containing all information on purchases and sales of the different business lines.
Position in the organization
The Business Operations & Compliance Specialist reports to the Operations & Pricing Manager and does not provide hierarchical leadership.
Result areas, core activities
Monitoring & follow-up of Sales & Operations Management system
• Identifies possible shortcomings in systems and implement possible improvements in system design internally (ICT) and ensure the least impact on the client.
• Ensure the timely delivery of client certificates and compliance documents.
• Take full ownership on the content of the sales & operations management system and the continuous improvement.
• Ensure that the system supports all different stakeholders & their individual requirements.
• Ensure compliance, timeliness, and completeness of sales invoicing.
• Continuously improve the process to prevent inaccuracies in invoicing and implement definite corrective actions both internally and externally if necessary.
• Ensure compliance of contract agreement
• Manage and verify client certificates
• Manage the order creation confirmations and sales back office process
• Assists business analysis when and if required
• Support monitoring and coordinating special reseller requirements (in combination with sales)
• Planning and building of a system.
• Working in a system with an understanding of how activities, choices, and decisions affect other parts of the system.
Making things work
• The ability to solve or circumvent urgent problems and obstacles through creative solutions or partnerships, so that a set goal is still achieved despite the obstacles.
• Focus on both the goal and the quality of the process to achieve the desired result.
Experience & knowledge
• Actively building and maintaining knowledge and experience.
• The initiative to share and develop knowledge and experience with oneself and with others.
• The ability to change approach and style in certain situations to achieve the goal, both internally and externally. Choosing a different way without giving up the goal.
Who are you?
For the role of Business Operations & Compliance Specialist we are looking for someone with:
• A strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail
• A pragmatic and practical approach, a can-do mentality, someone who likes working in a fast-changing environment
• Strong analytical skills
• An interest and (personal) drive to contribute to the energy transition.
You also have:
• Relevant work experience will be great, but a pro-active mindset and willingness to learn and make an impact is even better
• Excellent excel skills
• The capability and drive to develop, create and uphold the Sales & Operations Management System
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (Dutch is a plus)
• Interest in sustainability and making a positive impact.
What do we offer?
• A workplace in our new office located in the ‘Awarehouse’ in the new Houthavens; the creative hub of Amsterdam
• A competitive salary
• A full-time job (40 hours/week), part-time can be discussed (at least 32 hours/week)
• 25 holidays per year (based on full-time contract)
• Laptop and mobile phone
• A good pension scheme
• Daily fresh team lunch
• Travel expenses
• Many fun team events and parties
• A job in which you can make a truly positive impact and contribute to the energy transition.
Interested in the role?
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, you can also contact us at this e-mail address.
We are an equal opportunities employer, which means we do not discriminate. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Apply for this job