Why transport needs GoodFuels
The urgency of reducing the carbon footprint from transport is more clear than ever; not acting right now will result in failing to comply with the 2030 and 2050 goals to reduce our greenhouse gasses. The transport industry is the only industry that has not seen the decline that other industries have; it’s emissions are still higher than they were in 1990.
GoodFuels Renewable Diesel
GoodFuels Renewable Diesel is a synthetic diesel, also known as HVO (Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil). It is a high-quality second generation biofuel, made from the most sustainable feedstock. Hydrogen is used to upgrade the feedstock, resulting in pure hydrocarbons, giving it superior characteristics over conventional (bio)diesel.
As GoodFuels Renewable Diesel can be blended freely with conventional diesel, we offer a variety of specific blends:
|Co2 Reduction (WtW/TtW)||18% / 20%||27% / 30%||45% / 50%||90% / 100%|
Our renewable diesel (HVO) significantly reduces local emissions, especially when used in older engines (Euro V and older):
- SOx: >99%
- NOx: 10-30%*
- PM: 30-70%*
- Fuel consumption: up to 3% less*
* depending on engine type and blend
- Produced from truly sustainable waste streams
- Tank to Wheel: 100% CO2 reduction (climate neutral)
- Well to Wheel: 90% CO2 reduction
- Reduce local emissions (NOx, PM)
- Drop-in: No engine, maintenance or vehicle modifications needed
- No changes in fuelling procedures and infrastructure
- Fully miscible with fossil diesel
- No bacterial growth or sediments/flaking
- No ageing effects
- High Cetane: Complete efficient combustion
- Perfect for (extremely) cold conditions
Forest-residues: Considered the worlds most sustainable HVO currently available, produced in Europe from residues of the paper and pulp industry.
Used Cooking Oil (UCO): UCO is a waste stream from food-processing, which has little alternative applications. It is currently the most used feedstock in the Netherlands.